Writers for hire by compa... (22 Sep 2002)
Writers for hire by companies and governments. One wonderful quote:"
Will Self said: "I return to the words of Bill Hicks when he said, 'If any artist ever endorses a product then they have completely destroyed their status as an artist.' I don't care if they shit Mona Lisas on cue, they've destroyed their reputations, and advertising for the Government is much more pernicious."
- Lustre: the intergalactic file system
- Cebolla: Pragmatic IP Anonymity
- SE Debian: how to make NSA SE Linux work in a distribution
- Online Resizing with ext2 and ext3
- Advanced Boot Scripts
- BitKeeper for Kernel Developers
- Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control
I've finished ripping my CD collection and all they don't make 'em like they used to. My older CDs would be quite happy reading at 4 speed. The newer ones (from about 92 onwards) struggle to manage 1.4 speed (there are a couple in between). The older ones seem to by physically thicker too. I guess they cut down on the quality at some point to reduce production costs.
oh, and mirrors of dvdsynth should they become, ah, required.