As of this weekend, metis.imperialviolet.org will cease to be. Physically it will remain, but behind a NAT, ticking away in quiet invisibility.
Specificed and built by myself it has been running pretty much flawlessly since inception. Downtime was generally not its fault:
- Powercuts (many of these)
- Upstream network failures
- Upstream's promises of a static IP address failing (many of these)
- PSU fan failure cause it to overhead an die every few hours (I guess you could call that its fault)
- Rats pissing in the PSU and shorting it out (I kid you not)
Goodbye, good server.
(this may well mean that imperialviolet as a website will be down over the weekend. Email will continue to work)